- What is the South Nashville Pipeline project?
- What factors does Piedmont consider when determining the route for a new pipeline?
- Why is Piedmont building the new pipeline?
- Does a portion of the new pipeline’s route cross the Radnor Lake State Natural Area (RLSNA)?
- How is public safety enhanced by the selected route?
- Why is the route through a portion of Radnor Lake State Natural Area considered less intrusive than
- How long would construction of the pipeline on Radnor Lake property take?
- How does Piedmont approach the construction of new pipelines?
- Where can I view Piedmont’s plan regarding sediment control, soil erosion or soil stabilization?
- How will you address the environmental impacts associated with the pipeline’s construction in RLSNA?
- How else is Piedmont addressing the environmental impacts of the pipeline route through RLSNA?
- Why not build the new pipeline along the same route as its existing pipeline in the area?
- Will any blasting be required to lay the new pipeline?
- Is this pipeline safe?
- When will construction start and how long will it last?
- What can I do on my land within the easement?
- Who do I call to locate a pipeline or facilities on my property?
- How does Piedmont mark its easements for identification?
- Why does Piedmont maintain clear rights of way?
- How will I be compensated for granting an easement on my property to Piedmont?
- How large will the easement be if it is proposed on my property?
- What is the process if Piedmont requires an easement on my property?
- Where is the preliminary route?
- What is an easement or right of way?
- Why does Piedmont want to survey my property?
Piedmont Natural Gas
4720 Piedmont Row Drive
Charlotte, NC 28210
PO Box 33068
Charlotte, NC 28233
83 Century Boulevard
Nashville, TN 37214
In order to remain in compliance with new Federal Department of Transportation natural gas pipeline inspection and safety standards, Piedmont Natural Gas will be installing a new pipeline in the southern part of Davidson County. In order to help determine the actual route for the new pipeline, Piedmont Natural Gas will be conducting a land survey and assessment study. Listed below are some frequently asked questions (FAQs) from property owners about the survey and assessment.
Is this pipeline safe?
The safety of our natural gas pipeline delivery system, our customers, and our employees, is Piedmont’s highest priority. Our commitment to safety begins with the design and engineering of our pipeline system, continues through the construction, testing, and inspection of the pipeline prior to being placed into service, and remains in place through 24/7, 365 day continuous monitoring and routine and periodic inspections for safety and system integrity as long as the pipeline is in service.
About Piedmont Natural Gas
Piedmont Natural Gas is an energy services company primarily engaged in the distribution of natural gas to more than one million residential, commercial, industrial and power generation utility customers in portions of North Carolina, South Carolina and Tennessee, including 52,400 customers served by municipalities who are wholesale customers. Our subsidiaries are invested in joint venture, energy-related businesses, including unregulated retail natural gas marketing, and regulated interstate natural gas transportation and storage and intrastate natural gas transportation businesses. More information about Piedmont Natural Gas is available on the Internet at www.piedmontng.com.