Sevenmile Creek Media Statement July 04, 2013
Radnor Lake State Natural Area Media Statement May 15, 2013
Download Piedmont Presentation (pdf) from TDEC Public Hearing Jan. 8, 2013
Piedmont’s Application to Cross Radnor Lake & Sediment Control Plans
Piedmont Natural Gas
4720 Piedmont Row Drive
Charlotte, NC 28210
PO Box 33068
Charlotte, NC 28233
83 Century Boulevard
Nashville, TN 37214
The safety of our natural gas pipeline delivery system, our customers and our employees is Piedmont’s highest priority.
Piedmont Natural Gas is committed to ensuring public safety when designing, constructing, and operating our natural gas transmission and distribution systems. To that end, we participate in a wide range of pipeline integrity, pipeline safety and public education programs. Piedmont designs, constructs, operates, and maintains our pipelines in accordance with local, state and federal regulations and requirements. Our commitment to safety remains in place through 24-hour, 365-day continuous monitoring as well as routine and periodic pipeline inspections for safety and system integrity as long as a pipeline is in service.
The following is a partial list of what Piedmont does to ensure the safety and reliability of our pipelines:
- Designs, constructs, and maintains pipelines to the most current versions of the US D.O.T. regulations;
- Mandatory pipeline contractor participation in Piedmont’s Operator Qualification programs to ensure a qualified workforce;
- Uses qualified inspection teams to ensure the quality of work when installing and commissioning pipelines;
- Before placement into service, pipelines are tested in a variety of ways including X-raying welds, in-line “pig” inspections and hydrostatic testing of the pipeline in excess of maximum operating pressure;
- Pipelines are designed with corrosion controls in place and are monitored regularly based on guidelines set by applicable federal agencies and industry standards;
- Natural gas is normally an odorless and colorless gas. For your safety, an odorant (Mercaptan) smelling like rotten eggs or sulfur is injected into natural gas for easy detection;
- Performs semi-annual pipeline surveillance, patrolling, surveys for leak detection and corrosion control.
About Piedmont Natural Gas
Piedmont Natural Gas is an energy services company primarily engaged in the distribution of natural gas to more than one million residential, commercial, industrial and power generation utility customers in portions of North Carolina, South Carolina and Tennessee, including 52,400 customers served by municipalities who are wholesale customers. Our subsidiaries are invested in joint venture, energy-related businesses, including unregulated retail natural gas marketing, and regulated interstate natural gas transportation and storage and intrastate natural gas transportation businesses. More information about Piedmont Natural Gas is available on the Internet at www.piedmontng.com.